A leading retail organisation with head office in Lagos, is seeking to recruit the services of a Assistant Head, Retail (National) with responsibility for overseeing the overall running and operational success of all stores.
- Position: Assistant Head, Retail (National)
- Starting Location: Lagos
- Strategic business development for the retail arm of the business
- Inventory Management in all stores
- Sales and product merchandising
- Customer service/ Client relationship management
- Employee engagement, include retail team welfare management
- Liase between retail team and Head of Retail (National) with timely feedback
- Brand representation at retail exhibitions
- Oversight of entire retail operations
- Stakeholder management- customers, other departments, retail team, senior management
- Lead Generation – Developing and implementing strategies around the onboarding of clients to be attached to retail outlets
- Sales channel expansion- strategic spread of retail stores in other locations
- Revenue Generation- breaking the sales target into monthly and weekly fragments and driving the retail team for achievement
- Close monitoring of daily, weekly and monthly sales performance and benchmarking with historical data and target
- Product Development- developing and expanding product assortment to enhance customer’s expectations
- Planning and executing all retail driven exhibitions with a view to generate revenue
- Merchandizing and Display Cycle – Determining the different categories of inventory to be promoted periodically and ensuring strategic display and arrangement of these items in the outlets. Ensuring that all items are arranged and displayed factoring in the peculiarities of each SKU (handling)
- Forecasting inventory requirements for each location.
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Improvement: Inventory monitoring includes ensuring ERP data records align with physical quantities at all times. Carrying out periodic inventory analysis for each store and use the analysis coupled with sales figures to determine the optimal stock levels
- Monitoring Inventory Lifecycle (Lifecycle chart, sticky inventory treatment) – Running checks on items, checking their shelf lives against the dates they were registered into the ERP. The inventory turn rate metric will be applied for standard shelf life required for each product. Constant review of store sales numbers, cost of inventory, operational expenses and inventory loss
- New Product Onboarding- Working with the procurement team to provide input and recommendations. Carry out assessment, evaluation and sampling before adding to the existing SKUs
- Managing returns & damages- Managing damages and returns across all outlets and escalating to relevant stakeholders where necessary. Refer to the return policy on the shop floor manual when it relates to customers.
- Good communication Management – Ensuring that communication is managed among stakeholders.
Sales and Product Merchandising
- Manage creative displays in a retail store and training staff on product knowledge.
- Assist in using shelf placement strategies and in-store displays to market a product and maximize exposure to customers.
- Assist to create product display layouts for multiple retail locations
- You will be required to work closely with company’s buyers to plan product ranges
- Ensure accurate sales forecast/predictions in line with company’s target
- Continuous assessment of sales performance of different locations.
Customer service/Client Relationship Management
- Managing the Client Relationship Management Software – Ensuring that the customer database is updated. This includes monitoring of customers’ purchase history and using data to make operational decisions.
- Customer Loyalty Reward Program – Developing strategies and executing all designated programs for customer loyalty rewards.
- Customer Related Conflict Resolution – Managing all difficult customer interactions and escalating to next level where necessary.
- Conduct periodic customer satisfaction survey to establish improvement lines and promote customer retention
Retail Operations and Personnel Management
- Ensure smooth running of outlet operations. Follow-up with the admin department on rent/service renewals and supplies
- Partner with management and Internal Control team in ensuring compliance with internal and external audits, and company policies and procedures
- Overall supervision of all outlet daily operations to ensure adequate staffing for effectiveness and efficiency at all times
- Identifying capacity development needs of retail staff and working with Human Resources to provide trainings
- Close monitoring of daily workflow of the outlet staff and adjust tasks as necessary to achieve desired objectives
- Overseeing welfare of the retail staff and liaising with the Human Resource department for adequate support
- Ensure the lodgment of all cash received at the outlet every day except weekends when banks are non-operational
- Managing the retail shop heads to ensure thorough bookkeeping in all retail outlets
Stakeholder Management and Reporting
- Ensuring stakeholder management across units, providing updates on all issues as require management’s attention and working with other teams and departments to build strong support system
- Collating and sharing reports with management to include, Sales Analysis, Inventory Analysis, Customer Analysis, Profitability Analysis; performance of each outlet with respect to sales target by vendor and product.
- Attending all periodic management meetings
SKILLS & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- B.Sc/HND in relevant field
- Minimum of 6 years experience working is retail businesses
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar roles
- Retail Management
- Proficiency in MS Office packages – This will be an added advantage
- Leadership skills
- Crisis Management skills
- Customer service/ Client relationship management
- Creativity and use of initiative
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs indicating the job title to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.