TAKING YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE
How To Start an Online Business In Nigeria?
- Custom domain name. You’ll need to a get a custom domain name. Your domain name is the heart of your business’s unique address on the web. It should tell people who you are and what you have to offer at a glance, direct them to your website, and help protect and promote your brand.
- Website. You’ll need to build a website. Your website is your business’s online home. It’s where you tell your story, showcase products and services, and start to establish credibility and expand your reach.
- Social media. Getting active on the social networking sites where your customers spend their time is key to building an online community around your business. You can use sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube to market your products and services, establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry and, most important, build relationships with your customers.
- Email. Branded email is an affordable and effective way to communicate with your customers and generate leads.
- Local reviews and directories. You can inspire consumer confidence by gathering positive reviews on third-party sites like Yelp and remaining current on business directories such as Google My Business.
Step 1: Prepare A Simple Business Plan
Please refer to Business Plan Template
Step 2: Register Your Business
please refer to Steps to Register .
Step 3: Decide On The Ways To Start Selling Online
(A) Sell at online marketplaces
(B) Sell on your own website
(C) Sell on your social media, i.e. Instagram, Facebook
Make Your Online Business Trusted!
Credibility is one of the most important factor in building a successful online business.
Strong brand credibility can help businesses to earn and keep their customers’ trust.
This will continuously create a positive perception and businesses will benefit from it in
the long run.
With the recent technology advancement, cashless policy and improved tele-density particularly of smartphones among others, online business industry in Nigeria is expanding rapidly. The Government through a number of Ministries and its Agencies has been promoting online business intensively through various and multiple programs as to create more platforms for the business to grow.
For more information, call or email us today.